Simkin Solutions Limited is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the use of cycling and public transport and the source of its power requirement.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
Simkin Solutions Ltd is committed to total customer satisfaction, and compliance with regulatory bodies at all times, at maximum effectiveness and minimal cost.
Every employee is charged with the responsibility to meet customer requirements and continually improve the quality in keeping with our objectives.
Employee development through involvement, training and effective communications is essential in maintaining the satisfaction of its customers.
By continuing to improve the ways we treat our customers, employees, and vendors, we will contribute to the mutual business and personal success of all.
Management will hold regular management review meetings to ensure quality objectives are met and subject to continual improvements.
Social Accountability Policy Statement
Simkin Solutions Limited develop software solutions to a global market.
Simkin Solutions recognize the need for social accountability and are committed to the following:
- Health and safety management for our employees, contractors, visitors and the public
- Recognizing the right of employees to freedom of association and collective bargaining
- No discrimination against employees on the grounds of sex, race, colour, religion or age
- Disciplinary practices in accordance with the ACAS Code of Conduct
- Working hours in accordance with the European Union's Working Time Directive
- Remuneration based on a recognized job evaluation system
- Company sick pay and pension schemes
- Ensuring no child or forced labour exists within our company or our suppliers
Simkin Solutions will endeavour to comply with all applicable legislation and other requirements to which we subscribe.
Management are committed to ensuring continual improvement in social accountability and labour conditions.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Simkin Solutions is committed to equal employment opportunity, which means that merit and equity will form the basis of all decisions that affect its staff.
To provide equal employment opportunity Simkin Solutions undertakes to:
- Promote, support and monitor equal employment opportunity in all its activities
- Eliminate discrimination on the grounds of race, colour, national or ethnic origin, nationality, sex or gender, sexual identity, marital or childcare responsibilities, pregnancy, religious or political belief, activity age disability (those who on grounds of impairment are disabled by society) or any other ground as specified by Simkin Solutions;
- Create an environment characterised by respect where staff are able to work free from discrimination or harassment and where their contributions are valued;
- Ensure the application of the merit principle in recruitment, selection, reclassification and promotion;
- Provide equitable career development activities for all staff;
- Ensure equitable access to decision-making and resources;
- Ensure effective consultation with staff in the development and implementation of equal employment opportunity;
- Ensure the accountability of managers for the implementation of Simkin Solutions's equal employment opportunity policies and programmes;
- Establish effective monitoring procedures.
Inclusive Practices for Disabled People Policy Statement
Simkin Solutions is committed to equal employment opportunity, and elimination of discrimination and harassment as part of its mission to provide equity and social justice. Equal employment opportunity means that merit and equity will form the basis of all decisions that affect the staff of Simkin Solutions. Simkin Solutions supports the involvement of disabled people in its activities.
To provide equal employment opportunity for disabled people, Simkin Solutions undertakes to:
- Foster positive and informed attitudes and behaviour towards disabled people;
- Eliminate harassment and unjust discrimination on the grounds of impairment;
- Ensure the recognition of merit in recruitment, selection, reclassification and promotion;
- Take advantage of financial and support service incentives that enhance employment opportunities for disabled people;
- Examine the physical attitudinal and organisational barriers which may prevent the employment, limit the performance or impede the professional development of disabled people under the general principles of reasonable accommodation and adjustment;
- Make reasonable accommodation and/or adjustment for disabled people;
- Provide equitable professional development activities for disabled people;
- Take account of the Disability Discrimination Act (1995) and definition of disability for the purposes of elimination of discrimination and harassment.
Harassment and Discrimination Policy Statement
Simkin Solutions is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment and education. Simkin Solutions recognises the right of all staff to work in an environment free from harassment and discrimination. Harassment may be sexual in nature or based on gender, race, impairment, sexual identity or a range of other factors. Harassment or discrimination of staff by any member of staff, visitor or business associate is unacceptable and contrary to the employment policies of Simkin Solutions.
Simkin Solutions will not tolerate harassment and discrimination within its premises. The Office Manager is the senior officer responsible for supervising the management of this programme which includes:
- Educating staff about acceptable behaviour at work and in a business environment;
- Promptly, effectively and confidentially resolving complaints of harassment;
- Actively encouraging appropriate behaviour by those in positions of authority, that is, project leaders, managers and other senior staff;
- Providing an appropriate and effective process, structure and resources.
Simkin Solutions will treat all reports of harassment and discrimination seriously and will investigate these expeditiously in a thorough and confidential manner ensuring that complainants and witnesses are not victimised in any way.
Anti-Racial Discrimination Policy
Simkin Solutions is committed to equal employment opportunity, and eliminating all forms of discrimination based on race, colour, national or ethnic origin, language, religion or nationality. Simkin Solutions aims to create an environment where:
- Cultural differences are respected and understood, and
- Employees are able to participate fully in all Simkin Solutions’s activities free from discrimination and harassment.
Simkin Solutions aims to prevent discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, colour, national or ethnic origin, language, religion or nationality through:
- Fostering positive and informed attitudes and behaviour recognising cultural differences in a business environment;
- Integrating principles of equity within all Simkin Solutions’s policies, guidelines, practices and provision of services;
- Ensuring the accountability of senior staff for the implementation of these principles;
- Providing a mechanism of redress for those who have been discriminated against;
- Establishing effective monitoring procedures.